GM PERFORMANCE Cast Iron 9.240'' Deck LSX Bowtie Engine Block
These Chevrolet Performance LSX Bowtie engine blocks have been designed for the advanced competition engine builder. They feature Siamese cylinder bores and a semi-finished deck height. The Chevrolet Performance LSX Bowtie engine blocks can accept a maximum stroke of 4.250 in., a maximum bore of 4.250 in., and they can support displacements of 454 cu. in. or more. The blocks feature cast iron construction with a powdercoated orange finish. They accept all Gen III and IV LS-style cylinder heads, crankshafts, camshafts, and other components.
Additional features of the Chevrolet Performance Parts LSX Bowtie engine blocks include :
- Front oil feed lines that can be plugged or restricted for mechanical flat tappet or mechanical lifter applications.
- Can be safely machined to 9.200 in. deck height.
- 1054 Billet Steel 6-bolt main bearing caps.
- 6-bolt cylinder head bolt pattern.
- Cam bores that can be machined to accept 60mm roller bearings.
- Can be machined for larger diameter lifters.
- External oil pump feed at the rear.
- Added 7th transmission bolt hole to work with early-style GM transmissions.
- Can accept a front motor plate for racing use.
- Threaded freeze plugs that can be used for external heaters or coolers.
- Windowed main bulkhead.