TLG RB Cylinder Head Oil Restrictor - 0mm BLANK
Oil orifice restrictors for RB engines
When building an RB20, RB25, RB26 or RB30 engine it is common practice to restrict the amount of oil flowing to the head of the engine to prevent excess oil in the head
Standard sizes available are 1.0mm, 1.25mm, 1.5mm and 0mm (blanking plug)
Price is per restrictor
- Knock down factory restrictor until it bottoms out
- Deburr hole with appropriate drill bit or countersunk tool
- Fit supplied restrictor knocking in with punch until restrictor is just below deck. CAUTION use a punch approx 5mm diam so as not to burr over the restrictor hole . The snugger the punch fit to the hole size the better.
- Gently peen around the restrictor to burr over the deck material to ensure restrictor does not blow towards the head with oil pressure. Check the head gasket to see the shape of the oil feed passage so as not to peen over any surface outside the gaskets region.
- NOTE the original factory restrictor must not be removed as it has a check valve ball which doesnt allow oil pressure to drop from head when engine is off. Our restrictors must fit on top of factory restrictor